QeRN Academy (we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is QeRN Academy, London, U.K.
This policy governs all pages on the QeRN website at www.qern.org (our site). It does not apply to pages hosted by other organisations, including other websites hosted by QeRN or third party sites.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site or forms that you complete at the time of requesting further information from, QeRN. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, making a donation to QeRN, posting material on our site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions and donations you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of those orders and donations.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- Information that you provide when making a donation to QeRN via any of our third party payment providers.
- Information that you provide when purchasing QeRN merchandise.
- Information that you provide when attending an event organised by QeRN or one of our partners.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site for system administration and to gather aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about QeRN's mission, casework, initiatives and current events, which may be of interest to you by post or telephone. We will only contact you by electronic means (including e-mail or SMS) if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the donation form OR registration form) or contact us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, suppliers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.